Friday, November 4, 2011

Perception

"It really depends on your point of view..."

That is something i'm fond of saying, often to the chagrin of friends and family. I often follow that up by saying, "I only say it because it's true"

Needless to say, I have a very strange view on perception.

Perception is what guides us through life. Every day, every choice, by anyone, maybe people or things that we can't even see, hear, or smell, alters our perception a little bit. Therefore molding how we see the world.

What many so called "neutral" people have a hard time understanding is that they themselves are biased just like the rest of the world. They're not above influence, no one is.

The key to true "neutrality" as you might put it, is realizing that everyone has got a different point of view, and then embrace and work out the diversity without being so eager to smash the other persons perception.

But like I said, It really depends on your point of view...

3 comments:

  1. Good point. Along with the Idea that everyone is dumb, and that we are all prejudiced against someone somewhere.
    But, as you said. It really just depends. What's true to me isn't true to you, at least not in the same ways. Which makes this comment pointless. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes.I think she is tough too. and leinad really would make a good jedi and she a sith. but then my jediness has been called into question I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *scowls* and just you remember that Warrior was my apprentice before she was yours, winter! or when I come back I'll knock your block off! JK JK. take care of her.
    *brandishes saber*

    ReplyDelete