Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome to "doomsyear"

Well guess what everyone, it's 2012 and everyone is going to die! MWAHAHHAHAHAHHA!

Okay... maybe not, but there's plenty to do this year besides the end of the world! Looks like a fantastic movie year, with titles such as, The Hobbit: An unexpected journey, The Hunger Games, and... Battleship.

Yes, the upcoming movie Battleship... is based on the game... Battleship. You know, were one kid shouts "F5" And the other one shouts, "You sunk my Battleship!". Yup, we got smart people over there in Hollywood, coming up with all sorts of original ideas, like a remake of Red Dawn.

Actually, i'm looking forward to that one. If you don't know what Red Dawn is, it's a movie about a soviet invasion of america. Where a bunch of high school kids join together to fight the Reds! It's not as cheesy as it sounds, it's a really gritty, gory, and otherwise depressing movie, and only two of the kids survive.  Of course, for the sake of being a more "modern" take on the movie, the bad guys are Chinese! Until the wiseguys in marketing realized they really didn't want'  to lose the marketing of the guys who make our happy meal toys, so the bad guys were changed to the ever wicked North Koreans. I'll take a polite pause so everyone can patriotically scowl.

Done? Good. Let's move on, anyway... errrrrrrr........ lost my train of thought. But until I can get back on track again, I have made the New Years resolution that I will post at least once every week in this poor blog I have been sadly neglecting. That's all for now folks! Happy New Year and don't forget to brush your teeth!

3 comments:

  1. ha!
    a new post after ages and ages.. :P
    how's dask? I really really want to know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they were remaking Red Dawn. I remember watching it when I was littler. I liked it but back then I didn't understand most of it. Now I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you leave the forum and come back or have you yet to leave the forum and are you coming back?
      are you ever going to post anything on here about the much missed dask?
      *sigh* do you even remember this place?

      Delete